IBIROOS aims to set up an operational oceanography organisation operated by participating partners from the 5 countries bordering the Iberia-Biscay Ireland Regional maritime area (France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain and UK), collaborating to develop and implement ocean observing systems for the IBIROOS area, with delivery of real time operational data products and services.
The goals of IBIROOS are:
- To develop and implement online operational marine data and information services.
- Give a reliable description of the actual marine condition of the IBI area, including physical and ecosystem variables.
- Provide analysis, forecasts, and model based products describing the marine conditions.
- Establish a marine database from which time-series and statistical analyses can be obtained, including trends and changes in the marine environment, and the economic, environmental, and social impacts.
- Collaborate with national and multinational agencies in the IBI area to maximise the efficiency of the ocean observing system, and to maximise the value of the information products.
This Strategic Plan that provides information on the IBIROOS area and our priorities is there