EuroGOOS Kostas Nittis Medal was established in the memory of EuroGOOS Secretary General and strategic leader Dr. Kostas Nittis. The Kostas Nittis Medal is accompanied by a grant and awarded to a young marine professional within the operational oceanography and broader ocean observing community.
The Kostas Nittis Medal and the grant amounting to € 3,000 aim to support the participation of young researchers and marine professionals in relevant conferences and events. The awardee is given a chance to present their research or technology at relevant events, building a professional network, gaining real life experience and reaching out to potential partners and/or employers.
The call is open to marine researchers or professionals according to the following criteria:
- Candidate must be younger than 35 years old;
- Candidate will have made a significant contribution to operational oceanography (technology, research, software, product/service) which is described and documented;
- Candidate nominations must come from the current EuroGOOS members.
Deadline for nominations: 24 June 2018
EuroGOOS-KNMedal-Call 2018 (155.4 KiB)
Kostas Nittis Medal flyer: Download
The award ceremony for the 2018 medal will take place at the international GEO Blue Planet Symposium (4-6 July, Toulouse, France).
Previous winners of the Kostas Nittis Medal are:
- Pablo Lorente Jimenez, Puertos del Estado, Spain
- Angelique Melet, Mercator Ocean, France
- Robert King, Met Office, UK
The post EuroGOOS Kostas Nittis Medal Call appeared first on EuroGOOS.